Monday 5 November 2012

Look out for a jacket ...


A remarkable exhibition of Karl Lagerfield's photography has taken place at Saatchy Gallery in Sloane Square recently as a part of promotional campaign for Chanel fashion house. Following the success in New York and Tokio, the exhibit moved to London on the 12th October 2012. Featuring some of 113 photography works by a fashion Maestro, the exhibition showed different celebrities (and just friends of Chanel house) wearing same little black jacket in different and sometimes unexpected ways.

By a happy chance, I found myself visiting the exhibition twice; by a consequence - on a first and last day of it being opened; by some mysterious coincidence  - with two friends both name Anna's...

Not being a fan of attending exhibitions twice in a short period of time, I realised I had a good feeling stepping back into the exhibit space. The second viewing gave me an opportunity to take some pictures. I have noticed that on the last day it was much more crowded than on the opening day.


Brining home some amazing trophies -  posters featuring selected celebrities (not my favourite ones, though) made this exhibition even more engaging. I was lucky enough to get those on a first day as later you'd have to stand a pretty long queue.

The story of making the jacket as well as the exhibit's production may be found on Chanel website, which appears to be really interactive and engaging.

The venue was highlighted in  different media with more info to be found in Guardian and Vogue UK

As a part of the campaign Chanel boutique windows in Bond Street, Sloane Street and Brompton Cross have changed accordingly, showcasing different black jacket models from a current collection.



1 comment:

  1. I am feeling much blessed to be here and reading your thought provoking blog. It has truly increased my knowledge. I will surely come again and again to overcome my thirst for knowledge.
    wholesale womens playsuits

    ReplyDelete